I love the popular blog feature of choosing five things you love slash are thankful for to highlight on Fridays.* I’m also notoriously late to things.
Last Friday I thought, “I should totally start Friday Fiving. I like recognizing good stuff!” And then promptly forgot about it. Yesterday, I thought the same thing reading all my favorite Five for Friday entries, and then sure enough I woke up today and remembered that I had forgotten yet again. But then I thought, maybe it’s only too appropriate that my first Friday Five is a day late. After all, there’s no moratorium on spreading joy on Saturdays.
- Sisters! There are four of us (and no brothers — can you imagine the pain?) and all four are in DC this weekend. Sisterface numero cuatro is looking at colleges, so fingers crossed she loves Georgetown!
- Knowing when to say “no.” My clinic partner withdrew from the clinic this week, and while I will definitely miss him, and I wish he didn’t have to leave, I also think it’s totally great to know when something just isn’t working for you. I really hope I can take that lesson to heart…
- MEAT. Boyfriend and I went on a date to the butcher and then grilled up a deliciously marinated sirloin and BACON WRAPPED VENISON. (And yes, that deserved both caps and italics.) These items may have been more on his meat loving diet than they were on my calorie-counting diet, but can you blame me for loving every bite?
- A new 4.5 mile run route. 4.5 miles is such a great mid-range run for me based on where I’m at in my running life, and this one maintains my favorite feature of DC running. Landmarks! The Capitol, the LOC, and the Supreme Court, to be exact.
(Picture not taken by me, on account of the fact that I was far too sweaty to try to snap a pic with my phone. This is DC Spring, after all.)
- Speaking of DC Spring… Sundresses and cowboy boots. I don’t think I need to say anything more. Except maybe that the influence of all the Texans I’ve loved and lived with is starting to become painfully obvious, at least on my feet and my iPod.